1 February 2014

Sky's the limit

The aeroplane takes off like an arrow towards an unknown destination. The wind lifts the plane’s wings giving them the required thrust to gain altitude rapidly. Twin headlights cleave a path through the darkness as the dull roar of its engines carries clearly on the cold night air.

Five pairs of eyes are turned up towards it, watching the lights steadily climb higher. The dull eyes of a prostitute, lying motionless as a paying customer grimly goes to work on her to get his money’s worth in the dingy room of a brothel in a fashionable section of the city, see an unattainable escape to another life...


Read the full story in the February 2014 issue of Writing Tomorrow

or

Request to read the original story via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)




4025 words
Drama

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise


"I enjoyed reading this piece"
Valerie Polichar
Editor
Grasslimb

"We would be delighted to use your story."
Miranda Kopp-Filek
Editor
Writing Tomorrow Magazine

"I do enjoy reading your stories"
Ron Gaskill
Editor
Jerseyworks

"I can tell that the author has a good narrative sense and writes a lively story. Might I suggest that you rewrite this piece as a screenplay?  It seems a natural, due to your iconic presentation."
Michael Latza
Editor
Willow Review

"I enjoyed your story, sad though it is."
Sandra Costich
Fiction Editor
American Scholar

"Thank you for your intriguing piece. I have read your work previously and I must tell you that I always read it from beginning to end because you write so very well, and your subject matter, your protagonists too, are consistently much more than the ordinary. I do like this piece."
Gabrielle DePlancher
Fiction Editor
Total Quality Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment