28 October 2015

Cursive handwriting -- Should it stay or go?

'Did you get the pasta?' I ask my husband as soon as he arrives home after work.

'What pasta?' He says dumping the grocery bag on the floor.

I roll my eyes and whip out the shopping list I'd written for him. 'Pasta. Look. It says right here. P-A-S-T-A. You didn't get it then?'

'That's supposed to be pasta? I thought it was paste. I got that new brand of toothpaste, two for the price of one!'

So, we're going to have leftovers for dinner tonight, but very clean teeth. Can I really blame him?

I remember filling out reams of pages practising my cursive writing in school. Beautiful exercise books and work...

Read the full article in the Education Guide 2015 issue of Carolina Parent

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)




940 words
Nonfiction

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise


"I like your writing style... This is a very well-written and entertaining article that I’d like to use."
Beth Shugg
Editor
Carolina Parent

"Yet another well-written article"
Melody Tan
Associate Editor
Signs Of The Times

"I think this would be a good article for our audience... It sounds insightful for navigating the 21st century."
Shelli Simons
Associate Editor
Texas Home School Coalition Review

"I actually am interested in the topic of this article. Especially since it includes both sides. "
Kimberly Fischer
Editor
Arizona Parenting

No comments:

Post a Comment