10 November 2015

Getting the hang of love

I am standing at the edge of a steep precipice with wobbly legs protesting and knees knocking together like the prongs of a tuning fork. Never before has vertigo seemed so real! Never before has my comfortable chair at home seemed less boring! Strapped into various harnesses and helmets and things, I am beginning to fully appreciate the “gravity” of the situation. I scarcely have time to further contemplate what is starting to look like a foolishly hasty decision, before I am being instructed on what to do and how to do it. I, however, am too busy concentrating on being able to breathe properly...

Read the full essay in the November 2015 anthology A Pink Suitcase from World Traveler Press

or

Request to read the original essay via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)



2020 words
Nonfiction/Humour

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise

"Your essay was chosen for its strong writing and compelling tale."
Janna Graber
Editor
A Pink Suitcase, World Traveler Press

"I like your essay, and it flows well"
Derek Alger
Essays Editor
Ducts

"It's nicely written, which counts for a lot."
Ed Ewing
Editor
Cross Country Magazine

"It's a nice piece"
JK Nickell
Associate Editor
Southwest Magazine

"Your memoir is charming"
Jonna Semeiks
Editor-in-Chief
Confrontation

No comments:

Post a Comment