15 January 2016

Ironing irony

I love car boot sales. It’s always nice to know that there are other people in the world who collect as much junk as I do and even more people who are willing to buy it from them. The last such sale I attended was a goldmine – I got five Calvin & Hobbes comics at the price of one; I also got an iron, a sweater, two spoons, a strainer and a blister in each foot for walking around so much. A real bargain.

I don’t usually get along with electronic equipment, but the iron that I bought turned out to be even more temperamental than these things usually are. It had its own ideas about when to get warm and to what extent ...


Read the full article in the January 2016 issue of Scarlet Leaf Review

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)


800 words
Nonfiction

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise

"We'll be delighted to have your story in our magazine. We like your style."
Roxana Nastase
Editor
Scarlet Leaf Review

"Really interesting and fun"
Rose Eveleth
Editor
The Atlantic

"I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!"
Janet Kim
Publisher
GirlWorks

No comments:

Post a Comment