1 April 2016

From hospital to home


"He is fine. It's just a common cold," said the ER doctor.

I wasn't convinced. After three weeks of lingering cold with little improvement, my son's temperature had skyrocketed to 106.4°F and alarmed me. He sounded hoarse, and all he could do was cough and cry. I described all these symptoms to the doctor and carefully asked, "Are you quite sure?"

"His throat does look red, but that's normal with a cold," the doctor repeated.

"Thank you, doctor," I said, trying to keep my cool. "Only, I'd feel so much better if you took a throat swab – just for my reassurance and peace of mind. I'm really worried it...


Read the full article in the April/May 2016 issue of Parents Canada

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p!
(T&C apply)



2100 words
Nonfiction

Canada publication


***********************

Words from the Wise

"Nice work on this! Excellent work Devyani!"
Janice Biehn
Editor
ParentsCanada

"I liked how you provided a comprehensive list of suggested items for parents to consider.  I believe it will come in really handy. :)"
Michelle Ang
Editor
The New Age Parents

"Wonderful article"
Melissa Michta-Thomson
Copy Editor
Calgary's Child

"It's a solid pitch... well-composed and on-target for our readership."
Kim Shiffman
Managing Editor
Today's Parent

"I love your intro!"
Ashley Trexler
Editor
Lies About Parenting

"Great post"
Samantha Angoletta
Senior Content Manager
Scary Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment