31 March 2016

How to deal with noisy children... before the neighbours complain!

The doorbell rang just as my two-year-old emitted a piercing shriek of delight on finding a toy long thought lost.

"Your children make too much noise," complained the new neighbour. "They're too loud; they disturb us during our conference calls. Please can you tone it down a bit?" She was gone before I had time to draw breath.

With a mixture of embarrassment and fury, I shut the door and stormed back into the apartment screeching at my kids to shut up and mouthing impossible threats and punishments if they disobeyed. After a minute to collect myself, I reflected and questioned my reaction: did...


Read the full article in the Spring 2016 issue of Country Child

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)

975 words
Nonfiction

UK publication

***********************

Words from the Wise

"Great article! Thanks for sharing :)"
Michelle Ang
Editor
New Age Parents

"I really like the tone and the points made."
Sarah Third
Editor
Country Child Magazine

"I enjoyed your humorous pitch, and it sounds like an interesting topic"
Dominique Lamberton
Associate Editor
Chatelaine

"This story is really well-written and is an important topic... Love the article."
Sarah Anne Mau
Managing Editor
Hawaii Parent

"This looks good and could be something of interest."
Anna Dixon
Deputy Editor
My Child Magazine

"I enjoyed your article."
Jane Muller
Editor
City Parent

No comments:

Post a Comment