15 March 2010

Who are you? (How to write a good bio)

devyani borade - verbolatry - who are you? - the new writer
“Please provide a short third-person bio along with your submission.” The usual polite request beams up at me cheerfully from the guidelines of a well-known magazine. It is just what I have been dreading.

If you are the type who breaks out in sweat when asked to introduce yourself infront of a sea of strange questioning faces, then you are not alone. It is the single worst request in the world guaranteed to put anyone in an anxious quandary. What to reveal? How much of it? Why do they want to know anyway? Now visualise the number of onlookers multiplied by a few thousands, as in the readership of a...
Read the full article in the March/April 2010 issue of New Writer

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)






2270 words
Humour
UK publication

***********************
Words from the Wise


"It has some solid points and some good humor"
Zachary Petit
Managing Editor
Writer's Digest

2 comments:

  1. Devyani or Debora?! You touched my bipolarity! Eheheh!

    I loved the first words of "Who are you?" How can I read the 2270 words?

    I confess I am a little dumb in finding hidden things. Are they below some invisible link and I'm not able to find or are they really hidden and out of my access?

    If you may help me, thanks.
    (Brazilian author)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noe,

    Thank you for your kind words! This article is shortly appearing on the Web and can be read for free, so I'll be posting the link on this blog soon - watch this space!

    Devyani

    ReplyDelete