1 December 2015

Beware the editor

‘We may slightly edit your story to fit the space and style considerations of our magazine,’ caution the submission guidelines of many a popular publication. Having always had the good fortune of stories being published without too much being changed, I didn’t think twice about that sentence. My mistake, I had no clue what lay in store for me. My story? A typical pot-boiler romance, something along the lines of:

“Boy meets girl… they fall in love… evil villain captures girl… boy kills evil villain and rescues girl… boy marries girl… boy and girl live happily ever after.”

When the story was...


Read the full article in the December 2015 issue of Writing

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p!
(T&C apply)


750 words
Nonfiction

UK publication

***********************

Words from the Wise

"This is cute"
Moira Allen
Publisher
Writing World

No comments:

Post a Comment