25 December 2015

How to keep your work from being stolen


4,720 search results found for "Devyani Borade" says Google. I run my eye over the first page of results. My own website appears at the top, followed by many of my articles on various others. Click. Next page. More of the same. Next page. I am getting complacent. Ah, so many publication credits! They make me so ha--hang on. What the heck is this? It is my article on the website of a popular established parenting magazine, posted under my by-line. Except that it has been published there without my knowledge, consent or compensation.

'It's awful to have one of your stories stolen,' says freelance...


Read the full article in the December 2015 issue of Freelance Market News

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p!
(T&C apply)



750 words
Nonfiction

UK publication


***********************

Words from the Wise

"I like a lot of the piece"
Hope Clark
Editor
Funds For Writers


"The article is excellent. I wanted to publish it"
Caitlin Jans
Editor
Authors Publish

No comments:

Post a Comment